Communications and Administrative Support Officer
The Selby Trust, is recruiting a capable, warm and friendly Communications and Administrative Officer, to support the Chief Executive and join the team that runs the Selby Centre. He or she will provide the Chief Executive with administration support, efficiently organise the Selby Trust's meetings, training, undertake correspondence related to projects and partnerships, and help us achieve quality kite marks. There will be the opportunity to develop fundraising and project support skills, in a dynamic and diverse team of local people.
- To take minutes and notes at internal and external meetings, working closely with the Chief Executive to prepare board papers and packages for timely dissemination.
- To keep membership records, databases and subscriptions up to date.
- To keep governance records up-to-date with Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- To stay abreast of legislative changes affecting social enterprises, charities, the voluntary sector, and the Selby Trust as good practice employers, and incorporate in the staff handbook.
- To support the recruitment and induction of volunteers in Reception to undertake regular routine tasks such as phone cover, photocopying, updating data bases, leafleting
- To liaise internally with staff teams, to establish a relevant and timely annual schedule of team meetings, reports, training and information sessions, away days and visits.
- To receive visitors, providing information about the Trust and the context we work in.
- To undertake office administration in the Chief Executive’s office to ensure it runs smoothly.
- To undertake effective diary management with the scheduling of appointments, co-ordinating travel, accommodation, and itineraries, to meet requirements
- To create internal and external newsletters, and e-bulletins using Salesforce, Prezzi and other relevant software packages, such as Microsoft Power-Point (training available).
- To support the Chief Executive to prepare fundraising plans, applications and submissions.
- To acquire an overview of projects delivered by the Selby Trust and to facilitate project co-ordinators to track and report their progress against clear milestones and indicators.
- Prepare the monthly project expenditure spreadsheet (training and support will be provided).
- To undertake special projects involving internal and external research and liaison, on behalf of the Chief Executive, ensuring requirements and relevant standards are met.
- To ensure all relevant information is appropriately gathered by project managers and officers, appropriately collated and presented for review, evaluation and monitoring.
- Experience in providing a high standard of administrative support and strong people skills to learn from, encourage and support others from a wide range of backgrounds and circumstances
- Highly literate and numerate with strong proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft packages and be comfortable with learning new communication tools and systems
- Able to work effectively as a point of liaison in a warm, friendly and courteous manner, present well and able to write minutes
- Able to schedule and work to deadlines effectively and able to write and present reports clearly
Working Hours: Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours a week
Salary: £18-20k dependent on experience
Send application to: email@example.com
Closing Time and Date: 5th January 2018 at 10 am. Late applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will be on 12th January 2018.
Applications to email: firstname.lastname@example.org marking your subject line “Communications and Administrative Support Officer Application” or by post: Selby Trust, Selby Centre, Selby Road, Tottenham, London, N17 8JL