The Selby Trust is a registered charity and local community anchor with expertise in providing affordable community facilities to community groups and supporting local people through tough times.
Selby is now looking for skilled and committed individuals to further strengthen its Board of Trustees on an unpaid, voluntary basis. We are looking for people who can contribute effectively to thinking on both local, strategic and practical issues. The Board is particularly looking to expand its knowledge base in the areas of:
* Interest in championing the role of communities, young people and their local contribution
* improving community safety and strengthening bonds between people at a neighbourhood level
* community economic development and global development
We currently have a vacancy for the following trustee roles:
* Community associate – showing a demonstrable link to Selby Centre via having delivered or received support or services or used the facilities onsite
* Licencee associate – evidence of being a office licence holder onsite at the Selby Centre
* Treasurer – a defined Treasurer role for which a dedicated role description and application form is available online http://www.selbytrust.co.uk/articles/honorary-treasurer-voluntary
However, we would welcome applications from any individual who can add to the level of relevant skills on the Trustee Board. You would need to commit to five/six early evening meetings a year and an occasional planning days and other organisational events. The positions are voluntary and travel expenses can be reimbursed.
Application packs can be requested from Paige Smith, Communications & Administrative Support Officer by telephone on 0208 885 5499 or by email at email@example.com. If you would like to Sona Mahtani, Chief Executive about this role, then please indicate this when you request the pack.
Closing Date for All Applications: Friday, 3rd August 2018 @ 12 noon