Selby Trust's Global Garden to Lead Crowdfunding Revolution
Published by: London Employment and Skills Policy Network
Date: December 18th, 2012
Crowdfunding is a new way for people to pool small amounts of money to back a good idea or project.
Locality is working in partnership with crowdfunding website Spacehive to help its members to kick start projects they’ve been dying to get off the ground.
Tottenham’s Selby Trust (which brings together a rich mix of individuals and organisations, primarily from BME, refugee and other historically excluded communities) is leading the way as a pilot for this new approach.
The Selby Trust is now feeding the local desire for a beautiful, organic food garden to promote green awareness and offer skills training through their Global Garden project – and they need less than £12,500 to make it happen:
"We’re creating a new takeaway for Tottenham – with a difference! Global Garden, Global Kitchen will be a community food hub where tasty produce is grown, prepared and distributed to locals by bicycle."
The BBC will be filming the whole process from start to finish for prime time TV.
You can give the Selby Trust an early Christmas present – log on to https://spacehive.com/selbytrustglobalgarden to make a donation.
- Crowd-Funding Helps Selby Global Garden Project at Selby Centre in London
- Crowd-Funding Helps Garden Project
- Selby Trust's Global Garden on BBC1
- Charitys Web bid to crowdfund innovative organic global kitchen and feed Tottenhams global community
- Global Garden, Global Kitchen Crowdfunding to Grow Food and Community Pride