Are you Ageing Well?
One of the biggest questions facing us is how to Age Well. An odd question perhaps but Selby Trust, Haringey Council, Age UK and others are interested in talking to and hearing from older residents. We're not about to ask your age. We'll leave it up to you whether you regard yourself as older! But do please let us know what you think ...
As part of an Ageing Well project in Haringey, meetings are taking place at community centres including Selby Centre on 16th March 2012 @ 10am - 12 noon.
Volunteers from the Forum for Older People are also carrying out what they're calling snowball conversations with older residents.
This may sound like a seasonal reference but its more a way of getting the conversation going. Which is where I hope you can help by answering some of their questions.
- What are your experiences of living in the area?
- What does 'ageing well' mean to you?
- Do you attend / get involved with any activities in the area? If so, what, where and how often? If not, would you be interested in doing so; would you need support?
- Do you provide any support to older people (including your friends, family and neighbours) to help them 'age well'?
- What help if any do you currently receive to help you age well?
- When did you last go out for a meal? Where? With whom?
- Do you use any local groups or services: and if so, what, where and how often?
- Are there any local groups or services which you have approached or know about but don't currently use? If so, why don't you use these at the moment?
- Is there any other support, or are there any other groups etc, which you would like to access?
- Would you be interested in getting involved in helping with 'ageing well' initiatives locally? If so, what and how near?
Welcome the opportunity to talk to you.