Corporate Employee Volunteering
Activities | Client List | Feedback | Gallery | FAQs
About The Selby Trust
The Selby Trust manage the Selby Centre in Tottenham, one of the most deprived parts of London. The Selby Centre was previously a secondary school which became a community centre in 1986.
The centre is home to 40+ independent charities/small voluntary organisations and a further 100+ organisations also deliver from the Selby Centre. Services range intheir support for the local community, including the local foodbank, services for people with HIV/AIDS, Housing Support, Return to Work services etc.
We also run activities and events for the community including a global garden food growing project, healthy transport project and a work skills programme.
How corporate volunteering helps the Selby Trust.
We fully manage the Selby Centre facility and by doing so we are able to keep therents below market-rate value to enable small charities and voluntary organisations to survive. However, managing such a huge site is not cheap and therefore the help we get from corporates for painting, gardening, maintenance and helping us with some building projects means we do not have to increase the rents of charities to pay directly for this work.
Benefits of choosing Selby for your employee volunteer day:
- Our community centre is home to 40+ independent charities/small voluntary organisations working with a range of people in need.
- We have a huge community centre with a wide range of activities (click here for list) meaning we can find activities that suit your team and we will never run out of items on the day
- We have welcomed employee volunteers for over 4 years so have the knowledge, capacity, experience and skills.
- We charge a flat rate per a group rather than per a person.
- We charge for material costs seperately meaning you pay the same cost for the materials as we purchase them, rather than a per-head cost.
- Fill in the query form below and a member of our team will get back to you with more information
- You can come and visit the centre before you make a decision
- Once you have decided, you will be sent a one page agreement that you need to sign and return. It's a really simple agreement outlining time, date, number of people and payment information.
- We normally invoice you after the event and you can pay via bank transfer or online with company credit or debit cards.